The affluent village of Bronxville is perched just north of the Bronx, located just 15 miles from Manhattan in southern Westchester County. Occupying a square mile in the larger Westchester town of Eastchester, Bronxville was fully developed in the middle of the last century. It looks much the same, in fact, as it did some 75 years ago. With a number of homes dating to the late 1800’s, Bronxville’s residential prices are among the 200 highest in the nation, according to Forbes.com’s “America’s Most Expensive ZIP Codes.”
- Bronxville is easily accessible from New York City. By Metro North express trains, Grand Central Station can be reached in 25 minutes.
- The drive to midtown Manhattan on I-87 averages less than half an hour.
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors: Bronxville residents participate in a number of community and philanthropic organizations dedicated to helping others. Gramatan Village helps to integrate Bronxville's older residents into community life by providing direct assistance through its volunteer program as well as through workshops and seminars. The Community Fund of Bronxville, Eastchester, Tuckahoe provides grant funding and administrative support for organizations serving the Bronxville area.
- Bronxville Farmers' Market: The Bronxville Farmers' Market takes place every Saturday morning at Stone Place at Paxton Avenue. Local farmers and artisanal food producers sell fresh produce and goods to the community while providing a community forum. On the fourth Saturday of the month representatives from Cornell Cooperative Extension's 'Ask The Master Gardeners' program are available to answer gardening questions. Rain or Shine, May-November.
- Higher Education: Bronxville is home to two institutions of higher education, Concordia College and Sarah Lawrence.
- Local Media: Bronxville Access Television; Bronxville Bulletin Board; Bronxville Facebook Page; Bronxville Patch; Bronxville Daily Voice
- Town Resources: Village of Bronxville Web Page; Bronxville Business Directory
- Bronxville Chamber of Commerce: http://www.bronxvillechamber.com/