High Value Homeowners Insurance in Bedford, NY
Bedford has the feel of a country town though it is located just 45 miles from Manhattan in northern Westchester County. Bedford, comprised of the hamlets of Bedford Village, Bedford Hills and Katonah, was founded in 1680, and a number of historic buildings from the 18th and 19th Centuries still stand today. Over 100 miles of horse and walking trails can be found in Bedford and neighboring Katonah.
- Bedford is easily accessible from New York City. It's less than an hour from Bedford Hills via Metro North's Harlem Line to Grand Central Station.
- There are a variety of surface routes available from Bedford, with easy access to the Saw Mill River Parkway and I-684. The drive time to New York City is less than an hour. Directions.
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors: The Bedford Village Chowder & Marching Club was founded in 1956 with the mission of raising funds for local youth-related programs. The Club raises funds through two annual events, Spring Clean-up Weekend and the Fall Dinner Dance; Bedford 2020 is the local branch of Energize NY, an organization helping homeowners to optimize their energy usage and raise energy consciousness;
- Local History and Arts: Bedford is the home of two dedicated tourist destinations. The John Jay Homestead, the former home for first Supreme Court Chief Justice John Jay, is a 62 acre museum preserve replete with renovated buildings and gardens; The Katonah Museum offers classes, programs and regularly changing exhibits. The Bedford Historical Society is charged with keeping intact Bedford's proud heritage and maintains 10 historic buildings in the Village.
- Local Media: All About Bedford & Katonah; Bedford Pound Ridge Record Review; Bedford Patch; Bedford Daily Voice
- Town Resources: Town of Bedford, NY Webpage; Katonah Chamber of Commerce