High Value Homeowners Insurance in Bedford, NY
Bedford has the feel of a country town though it is located just 45 miles from Manhattan in northern Westchester County. Bedford, comprised of the hamlets of Bedford Village, Bedford Hills and Katonah, was founded in 1680, and a number of historic buildings from the 18th and 19th Centuries still stand today. Over 100 miles of horse and walking trails can be found in Bedford and neighboring Katonah.
- Bedford is easily accessible from New York City. It’s less than an hour from Bedford Hills via Metro North’s Harlem Line to Grand Central Station.
- There are a variety of surface routes available from Bedford, with easy access to the Saw Mill River Parkway and I-684. The drive time to New York City is less than an hour. Directions.
The Bedford Central School District has an excellent national reputation as one of the nation’s leaders in primary and secondary education.
Bedford Hills Elementary School 123 Babbitt Road, (914) 666-2708
Bedford Village Elementary School 45 Court Road, 914-234-4178
Mount Kisco Elementary School 47 West Hyatt Avenue, (914) 666-2677
Pound Ridge Elementary School 7 Pound Ridge Rd, 914-666-2190
West Patent Elementary School 80 West Patent Road, 914-666-2190
Fox Lane Middle School Route 172, 914.241.6126
Fox Lane High School Route 172, 914.241.6085
Bedford offers abundant recreational opportunities, including 3 town parks, each one located in one of the town’s hamlets: Bedford Hills Memorial Park, Bedford Village Memorial Park and Katonah Memorial Park. Each park includes a pool facility, tennis courts, basketball courts, playing fields, picnic areas and playground area. In addition both Bedford Village and Katonah have platform tennis courts. There’s even a separate dog park open to Bedford’s canine residents. The historic Bedford Green in the middle of Bedford Village is also a popular place for picnics.
Bedford is also home to the Mianus River Gorge Preserve, which protects over 1,000 acres in Bedford, and includes one of the last stands of old growth forest in the Northeast. There are 2.5 miles of hiking trails open on the preserve. The Westmoreland Nature Sanctuary and Preserve which straddles Bedford and neighboring Mt. Kisco offers classes, programs and walking trails on its 640 acres.
The Bedford Riding Lanes Association maintains and develops a historic system of trails and dirt roads and works to develop the interest of the community in the preservation of the Town’s rural character. In Bedford and neighboring Pound Ridge there are over 100 miles of maintained trails.
Bedford Real Estate
According to Zillow, the median home value in Town of Bedford is $752,900. Town of Bedford home values have gone up 3.5% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 0.5% within the next year. Foreclosures will be a factor impacting home values in the next several years. In Town of Bedford 1.2 homes are foreclosed (per 10,000). This is lower than the New York Metro value of 2.2 and also lower than the national value of 3.9 Levitt Fuirst is a provider of high value homeowners insurance in Bedford (As of June, 2015)
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors: The Bedford Village Chowder & Marching Club was founded in 1956 with the mission of raising funds for local youth-related programs. The Club raises funds through two annual events, Spring Clean-up Weekend and the Fall Dinner Dance; Bedford 2020 is the local branch of Energize NY, an organization helping homeowners to optimize their energy usage and raise energy consciousness;
- Local History and Arts: Bedford is the home of two dedicated tourist destinations. The John Jay Homestead, the former home for first Supreme Court Chief Justice John Jay, is a 62 acre museum preserve replete with renovated buildings and gardens; The Katonah Museum offers classes, programs and regularly changing exhibits. The Bedford Historical Society is charged with keeping intact Bedford’s proud heritage and maintains 10 historic buildings in the Village.
- Local Media: All About Bedford & Katonah; Bedford Pound Ridge Record Review; Bedford Patch; Bedford Daily Voice
- Town Resources: Town of Bedford, NY Webpage; Katonah Chamber of Commerce